UPCOMING EVENTS AND CLASSES
WE HAVE MOVED TO SAUSALITO
Our new address is 110 Caledonia St. Ste A Sausalito, CA 94965
Open 11-5 Tuesday – Saturday
Sound Healing and Therapy Certificate
AT THE INSTITUTE
Semester just began … you can still jump in
Half online and half at the Institute in Sausalito
Recording Arts and Technology Certificate
ONLINE – Semester just began … You can still jump in.
One day per week and 5 hours of labs
Home Note Assessment
Find your home note (Root/Soul )where you are At Peace and get a CD in its key.
Proven to be helpful for your immune system and all organs.
Good for a wide range of issues.
Online or at the Institute
VAH – Voice Analysis Harmony Software
Find missing frequencies in your voice that correspond to different physical and emotional issues.
Assessment and Song Remedies $65.
Full Software $888. Next training is February 20th. Purchase by February 10th to join.
More info at www.VoiceAnalysisHarmony.com
Sound Healing Programs
Page Contents: (Scroll Down or Click Below to View)
What is Sound Healing?
Why Study Sound Healing
Skills & Techniques Learned
Course Reader Outline
Our Research Foundation
“What makes us feel drawn to music
is that our whole being is music:
Our mind and body,
the nature in which we live,
the nature which has made us,
all that is beneath and around us,
it is all music.”
Hazrat Inyat Khan
(Sufi Master) (1882-1927)
Photograph of a Water Droplet
being Vibrated by Sound
Sound Healing Certificate Program
This program is designed to give you an overview of the field, and provide you with skills to be able to do sound healing on yourself and on others. Many skills are taught that you can use to make a living. The program is 3.5 months, 3 nights per week and some weekends and is offered 3 times per year. We also offer an Intensive version over the summer.
Sound Healing Associates Degree Program
The Certificate Program is the 1st semester of a 4 semester Degree Program. You may start with the Certificate Program and then continue with the Degree, if you like. The Degree Program is designed to help you become a master sound healer. In addition to the expanded curriculum you will practice in our Sound Healing Therapy Center and perform research projects of your choice. MORE DETAILS
Any of the classes within the Certificate or Associates Degree Programs may be taken individually without being enrolled in the full program.
Online Sound Healing Programs
The Institute offers all of the above programs online.
Sound Healing Audio Production
This program is completely separate from the above classes. We teach how to do professional sound healing recording, mixing, and production with ProTools recording software. There is no class like this on the planet. The main instructor, David Gibson, has written the #1 selling book in Audio, “The Art of Mixing,”
and is also the Director of the Sound Healing Programs. MORE DETAILS
You may take any combination of the above programs to complete the 4 semester Associates Degree program. Of course, you could take just two semester — for example, Sound Healing and Audio Production.
CLICK HERE to checkout feedback from our graduates
Globe Sound and Consciousness Institute offers complete Certificate and Associates Degree Programs in Sound Healing and Sound Therapy — the study of the effect of sound on human beings physiologically, psychologically, emotionally and spiritually. The College provides a comprehensive curriculum that has been designed with careful consideration and experience to provide a full perspective on everything going on in the field — with due consideration for what students most want to learn, and the skills needed to be able to work in the field.
The Sound Healing Programs at Globe Sound and Consciousness Institute were established in 2002. We are the only school on the planet that offers a Certificate and Associates Degree in Sound Healing and Therapy. Our entire staff are masters in the field, and have years of experience — some as much as 40 years. They are some of top researchers and educators in the field, and are full of heart felt caring — dedicated to helping students get what they want out of the program. We set our intention for each student to get what they need for their own highest good, and for the highest good of those that they may help in the future.
The Program is not just one person’s perspective. Students receive a variety of perspectives on the use of Sound from a wide variety of Instructors. We also strive to stay on top of new developments and research in the field in order to provide students with the known science available in the field. But we also explore ancient esoteric and powerful techniques that include how to raise consciousness that have not yet been proven or researched.
The classes include a lot of hands-on practice using the Voice, and a wide range of Sound Healing Instruments and Tools. We also have the unique advantage of having a Sound Healing store at the Institute. Students get to use all of the instruments and technologies in the store during the class labs. These include alchemical crystal bowls, frosted crystal bowls, tibetan bowls, gongs, tingshas, drums, didgeridoos, crystals, sound tables, and voice analysis technologies.
WHAT IS SOUND HEALING?
Sound Healing, through various techniques and technologies, is the educated and conscious use of the energy of sound to reach identified goals and promote wellness in the human system – including the expansion of consciousness. Sound Healing is founded on the premise that all matter is vibrating at specific frequencies. Science has proven that sound, or vibration, has a strong impact upon substance. For example, the study of Cymatics has shown how sound creates geometric patterns in matter. Dr. Emoto has proven that sound changes the molecular structure of water. However, more importantly, sound changes consciousness. Many ancient civilizations and modern indigenous cultures have used sound to heal and access higher levels of consciousness for thousands of years.
There are a wide range of techniques that utilize sound as a tool for change. The most common and basic use of sound is for meditation and relaxation. Chanting, toning and overtone singing are some of the most powerful methods for resonating sound throughout the body. The use of nature sounds and natural instruments, such as crystal bowls and tuning forks, have specific healing frequencies and harmonics. Drumming and rhythm are now used by corporations to release stress and build team consciousness. Shamanic drumming takes people into altered states of consciousness. Sound is now being using by clinical psychologists to help children with certain learning disabilities. Binaural beat frequencies are used to entrain people into very specific states of consciousness. Sound is used to alter brainwave states to help people with sleep disorders and facilitate creative expression. Listening to one’s own root frequency enables an individual to create a more centered and grounded awareness within their life. Sound and music are also used to help with difficult life transitions, including birth and death. The medical community also uses sound and music in a variety of applications such as during surgery to minimize the use of anesthesia, and to break up kidney and gall stones. Doctors are now finding the resonant frequency of organs in order to help vibrate them back into a healthy state. More exciting is cutting-edge research that shows how sound might be used to disintegrate diseases such as cancer.
Perhaps most exciting is the use of sound and music to transform consciousness – First, to release deep emotional issues; then, to more consistently resonate the vibrations of love and light — including gratitude, compassion, joy and Universal Love. Ultimately, to use sound to bring us into a state of oneness with everyone and everything in the Universe.
Raise Your Own Awareness And Consciousness
The program is designed to assist you in increasing awareness of your own sound landscape, enabling you to feel more grounded, emotionally clear and heart centered. When you become aware of your own root frequency, you feel more clear, grounded and connected to your own center. When life’s challenges move you off center, you will be able to draw upon a variety of sound techniques to bring your self back to a calm and centered place. As you gradually acquire a more stable and clear vibration, interactions with others become smoother, as fear and frustration diminish. You can then add a more uplifting vibration to the world with a true ability to support and heal others — including yourself.
1. Become A Sound Therapist – Set up your own practice
The Sound Healing and Therapy program is designed to provide students with the knowledge necessary to become a sound therapist. Additionally, we discuss techniques of clinical psychology to clearly define the “client – practitioner” relationship and ensure safe and ethical practices.
2. Add Sound Healing to Your Own Practice
Sound Healing is a perfect complement to Massage Therapy, Reiki, Chiropractic, Psycho-Therapy, Music Therapy, Chiropractic, Acupuncture, and a wide variety of Medical practices.
3. Work Within an Established Institution
Provide additional complementary healing services – In Alternative Healing Centers in Hospitals, Private Healing Centers, Health Spas, Yoga Centers, or Retreat Centers. Upon completion of the program, the school assists students in acquiring internships at alternative healing centers, including the Institute’s own Sound Therapy Center. You may also apply to offer your services within our own Sound Therapy Center once you graduate!
SOUND HEALING SKILLS AND TECHNIQUES YOU WILL LEARN
There are four main areas of our system where sound and music have been proven to be effective: physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Of course, often these overlap – for example, emotional healing might cause physical symptoms to go away.
1. Physically – Based on physics, sound affects matter. At the most basic level sound transmits energy into whatever it comes into contact with. The law of resonance, where a strong vibration will cause a weaker vibration to vibrate at the same frequency, is the core concept of all sound healing. This accounts for how sound can relax a muscle, how it can help to heal an organ or nerve, and how it might even transform a disease such as cancer. In the classes we will not only explain how physical healing occurs, but also explain many techniques on how to do so safely and effectively.
2. Emotionally – Many in the wide field of healing believe that stuck emotions account for, and are at the root of most of the issues and diseases we manifest, with some saying stuck emotions cause as much as 50% of all diseases (environmental causes being another large part). We already know how powerful music can be to transform our emotions. We have now discovered how to use sound to release stuck emotions. In the classes we will share nine simple techniques on how to release stuck emotions – many that you can do in the car, when in the thick of an emotion, or in a professional sound therapy setting.
3. Mentally – There has been extensive research clearly proving that when we listen to frequencies within the range of a brainwave (beta, alpha, theta and delta) our brain will be entrained into that frequency within a few minutes. “Binaural beats” are frequencies that we can create within the frequency range of the brain. Therefore, we can easily use binaural beats to entrain our brain into states that help with things like ADD, ADHD, post traumatic stress, learning disabilities, sleep disorders, including enhancing mental clarity, memory, and creativity. When we listen on headphones these frequencies also synchronize the left and right brain, which is our optimal state. Now there is research showing how to use these binaural beat frequencies to lead us into states of deep meditation, and higher emotions of love and joy. You will learn how to create these binaural beats and how to use a wide range of resources currently on the market.
4. Spiritually – Spiritual healing can mean a lot of things. In the classes we start by using sound to clear emotional and physical blockages. We then focus on raising your consciousness and vibration by using sound to resonate you into higher emotions such as gratitude, compassion, love and joy. Some say that higher consciousness is simply being in the frequency of these higher emotions. Sound can also be used as an avenue to connect us to the higher energies of Universal Love, or Spirit and Source. Even if you already know how to open your own connection to Spirit, the right sounds and music can enhance that connection and make it even stronger.
On a much deeper and far more esoteric level, sound can be used to connect us more directly to our Soul. Many believe that when we listen to the sound of our Soul (instead of our ego and personality) and develop a direct connection to it, we receive guidance on how to live our lives more fully.
Throughout the classes different instructors will explore and provide techniques on how frequencies, timbres, musical intervals, music and rhythm can be used to create positive changes in us, physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
|Skills Learned in the Sound Healing and Therapy Program
Skills you can use to open a business, or incorporate into your work
We have defined specific skills and accepted treatment modalities that students learn and practice upon graduation from just the Certificate program. We also explain the full range of possibilities and give you the resources to explore them in more depth if you would like to go further. We also hope to inspire and safely guide students who might be interested in coming up with their own creative treatment modalities.
1. Assessment Techniques based on sound – You will learn how to do an assessment on yourself or a client using your voice, intuition, or voice analysis technologies. These techniques can be used as part of a Sound Healing treatment.
Other Techniques, Information and Skills
Students practice these techniques in our Sound Therapy Center.
CLICK HERE to see examples of the above treatments being offered in our Sound Therapy Center.
1. Sound Practitioner – To heal or harmonize physically, mentally, emotionally, or spiritually — using voice, crystal bowls, tuning forks, other instruments and CD’s. This also might include a wide range of technologies such as sound tables, Cymatherapy, or voice analysis, to name a few.
2. Sound Therapist
– Correction of learning disabilities including ADD and ADHD. Correction of auditory tonal processing difficulties. Abatement of hearing sensitivities.
3. Medical Uses – This includes reduction of anesthesia and medications, pain control, birthing assistance, and hospice. Sound is also being used extensively for Autism, Alzheimers and Parkinsons. It is being used to help restore tissues to a healthy state of being. Working with doctors. sound can be used to disintegrate and transform diseased cells. Sound is being used to break up kidney and gall stones, and malignant cells. It is also being used to break up plaque on teeth.
4. Corporate World – Relaxation, stress reduction, team building and creative inspiration. It also includes designing and setting up office and treatment room ambiances.
5. Sound Healing Music – There is a growing community of musicians dedicated
to the creation of application-specific audio programs — Including relaxation, stress relief, meditation, sleep, accelerated learning, pain control, neurodevelopmental remediation, enhanced productivity, and consciousness raising. There is also a large number of musicians that
are incorporating Psychoacoustic techniques into the production of commercial albums. In the Sound Healing Program you will learn many concepts that you could use to design a wide range of Sound Healing Music. If you would like to actually record, mix and produce Sound Healing Music, we recommend you also take the Sound Healing Audio Production Certificate Program
6. Researchers – There is a large number of funding resources including Government and Private grants. There is a wide range of research going on in the industry including
studies of the psychological and physiological effects of music and sound. There is work on how sound and music affect emotions, and how to use binaural beats to entrain a person’s brain into particular brainwave states of consciousness. There are a large number of companies doing research on energy medicine technologies. There is also some very interesting research focusing on how sound and resonance within a cell trigger chemical reactions and cellular processes, and how cells and organs communicate with each other using sound. Perhaps the most exciting is the research on how resonance works at the Quantum level. Students may collaborate with our own Sound Healing Research Foundation.
7. Inventors – Many people are simply creating new technologies. Once you learn the wide range of information contained in the classes, the future is ripe with possibilities. We are interested in supporting creative technologies that will help large numbers of people.
8. Educators – There is an increasing number of people who are working in soundwork education. More hospitals are now open to classes for nurses.
CLICK HERE for more examples of companies that provide
specific uses of sound
A SOUND CURRICULUM
The Curriculum has also been designed to be cohesive. There several overall threads and themes that are consistent throughout the Program — particularly that of raising consciousness. Our Instructors are aware of what the other instructors are teaching and often sit in on their classes.
The overall program is divided into five areas:
1. Core Courses
2. Inner Awareness and Transformation through Sound
3. Natural Acoustic Sound Healing Instruments
4. Sound Consciousness and Spirituality
5. Sound Therapy and Healing Labs and Practicum
The core courses give you an understanding of the basic structure of sound, and how sound can be used for various intentions –physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. We look at the history of sound healing and where the future is leading. We begin with the physics of sound, resonance and the harmonic structure of sound. We do a thorough examination of the physiology of the body and it’s relation to the emotional and spiritual bodies — and how they work with sound and energy. We also explore the use of sound to bring people into various states of consciousness and shift individuals into particular brainwave states, such as delta, theta, alpha and gamma.
The classes on Inner Awareness are about doing your own inner work. The clearer of a vessel you are, the cleaner the energy that you transmit when working on people or clients. This work is about releasing deep patterns emotional and mentally. It’s about healing yourself physically. It’s also about learning how to use love and spirit in your work. As they say, “Spirit is much smarter than we are.” As you experience these techniques for yourself, you also learn how to use them to help others heal themselves. We look at the structure of Music and Rhythm and experience how they can be used for healing, life enhancement, and raising consciousness. We then embark on many experiential and transformative workshops using sound and intention — including those that combine sound with movement.
The classes on Natural Acoustic Instruments focus on using the Voice, Crystal Bowls, Tuning Forks, and a full range of other instruments for healing and raising consciousness. We particularly focus on how to use the voice for healing others and how to set sacred space. We practice toning and chants from all over the world, the power of mantra, and overtone singing. We also focus on the various types of tuning forks and sets, and how to use them in a healing session.
The classes on Sound Consciousness and Spirituality are designed to give you a deeper understanding of how healing occurs, and what higher consciousness is in the first place. We look at how everything is connected at the quantum level, mathematically, and spiritually — sound, music, color, light, geometries, chemistry, physics, consciousness and spirituality — and how you can add these components to a Sound Healing session. By studying the correspondences between all of these areas we see the interconnectedness of all human beings to each other, to nature and to the universe. Understanding things at a deeper level helps you to be more in alignment with the true nature of reality. The more you are in alignment with the natural harmonic patterns found in nature, and the natural flow of spirit, the more powerful your sound work will be.
Students take all this information into the lab where they begin their own exploration of the effect of sound upon themselves and others. We practice creating and performing treatments on ourselves and each other. In the Sound Healing Labs we play with various technologies that give us a glimpse of how sound is affecting us physiologically. Students get to work with heart monitors, galvanic skin response, scientific software and voice analysis. Students get to practice in our Sound Healing Therapy Center to refine their skills and learn ethics and safety when working with sound.
Each student receives a 500 page Reader of collected materials from all of the Instructors. This Reader is an amazing document of collected materials that you won’ find anywhere else in the world. To give you an idea — CLICK HERE to see the Reader Table of Contents. It also gives you more detail about the type of information covered in the various classes.
CLICK HERE for Testimonials from our Graduates
Globe Institute, through its Sound Healing and Therapy Program, is committed to fostering an environment that supports personal healing, inner transformation and scientific research. The Institute promotes inquiry, raises conscious awareness of sound and builds community. The College maintains openness and enthusiasm for both ancient and new techniques, in order to provide a complete perspective on all possible positive applications of sound. A leader in the emerging field of Sound Healing, we seek to bridge the gap between the experiential benefits of sound upon human beings with quantifiable and qualitative scientific findings. Our commitment to researching new technologies and techniques extends to our students, creating a learning environment ripe with challenge, openness, exploration and new ideas. We support the therapeutic sound community by sponsoring events that bring together students, practitioners, educators and researchers in the field to share findings, resources and further the field as a whole. Through the dissemination of information, the school seeks to create increased awareness and acceptance of the powerful effects of sound and music – in all manifestations – and the impact they have
upon individuals, alternative healing centers and the entire medical industry.
The Sound Healing Research Foundation – Bringing Sound Healing into the Mainstream
The Sound Healing Research Foundation has been setup to help with one of the core missions of the school — to bring Sound and Energy healing into the mainstream (hospitals and homes). The Foundation is here to educate students and the public on how to access funding for Research Projects. The Foundation has also been designed to help attract funding for important Sound Healing research — crucial to bringing Sound Healing into the mainstream. Students in the Degree Program get to do sound healing research projects on their own, or join with others who are doing Sound Healing Research within the Foundation. We also look forward to working on unique and world changing research projects that any student might come up with. The Foundation is a clearing house for creative research ideas.
The Foundation is the center of the ongoing research being done by the Virtual Reality Sound and Light Healing company, which is creating a wide range of new sound technologies. Our first research project is on The Sound of Love. We are doing research on the frequencies, musical intervals, and musical components that most open the heart to love — particularly Universal Love. Once we have the research data, this information will be used within a Virtual Reality system to more effectively open people’s hearts. The research will also be included in David Gibson’s book, “The Sound of Love.”
Realizing that research will only go so far in the mission of bringing Sound Healing into the mainstream, the Institute has also created a wide range of mass media entertainment projects with the underlying goal of educating the masses about the effectiveness of sound and energy healing. We have created a major Cirque style play that incorporates Sound and Visual healing in 3D. We have also created a major movie that also incorporates a full range of Sound and Light healing components. We feel that once the masses know about the effectiveness of sound, the masses will demand it, bringing it into the mainstream.
THE LATEST IN CUTTING-EDGE TECHNOLOGY – Bringing Science and Esoteric Wisdom together
The program is focused on Natural Sound Healing but we also have a wide array of technology. If interested, you may experience and experiment with some of the technology. Even if not interested in the technology, you still receive the benefits of the research being done with our technology as we learn more about how sound affects us physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
•Monitoring of Physiological Responses
• Use of unique sound transmission
• Use of the latest sophisticated sound