“If you want to find
the Secrets of the Universe,
think in terms of
Energy, Frequency and Vibration.”
– Nicola Tesla
Photograph of a Water Droplet
being Vibrated by Sound
UPCOMING EVENTS AND CLASSES
8th INTERNATIONAL GLOBE SOUND HEALING CONFERENCE
Sherith Temple San Francisco
Over 25 of the Top People in the Field Presenting
25 Exhibitor Booths, 2 Evening Sound Healing Concerts
In a Spectacular Temple
Early Bird Discount until August 15th
Tibetan Bowl Concert with Karma Moffett
Friday August 9th 7-9 PM $20
Lay down and bliss out
Free Sound Healing Workshop and Open House
Sunday August 25th 1-6PM
How Sound affects us Physically, Mentally, Emotionally and Spiritually
with many heart opening meditations with sound.
Come for all or part. (Call for a tour anytime)
CLICK HERE for more details
Sound Healing and Therapy Certificate
AT THE INSTITUTE
Next Semester begins September 3rd
Pay in full by August 15th and save $300
ONLINE – Next start time is August 6th or 10th
Ongoing Enrollment starts about every two weeks
Associate of Occupational Studies in Sound Healing and Therapy
The Certificate Program is the 1st Semester of the Degree Program
AT THE INSTITUTE – Next Semester begins September 3rd
Pay in full by August 15th and save $1500
ONLINE – Next start time is August 6th or 10th (ongoing enrollment)
Pay in full and save $1000
Recording Arts and Technology Certificate
Globe Institute of Recording and Production offers complete a certificate and an associates degree in sound healing and sound therapy — the study of the effect of sound on human beings physiologically, psychologically, emotionally and spiritually; and a certificate in Recording Arts and Technology. The College provides a comprehensive curriculum that has been designed with careful consideration and experience to provide a full perspective on everything going on in the field — in order to obtains the skills needed to be able to work in the field.
The programs at the Institute were established in 2002. Our entire staff are masters in the field, and have years of experience — some as much as 40 years. They are some of top researchers and educators in the field, and are full of heart felt caring — dedicated to helping students become effective professionals in the field. We set our intention for for the highest good both the student and especially for those that they may help in the future.
The Program is not just one person’s perspective. Students receive a variety of perspectives on the use of Sound from a wide variety of Instructors. We also strive to stay on top of new developments and research in the field in order to provide students with the known science available in the field. But we also explore ancient esoteric and powerful techniques that have not yet been proven or researched.
Sound Healing and Therapy Certificate Program – AT THE INSTITUTE AND ONLINE
This program is designed to give you an overview of the field, and provide you with skills to be able to do sound healing sessions and on others and sound baths. Many skills are taught that you can use to obtain work or open your own business.
CLICK HERE FOR THE PROGRAM AT THE INSTITUTE
CLICK HERE FOR THE PROGRAM ONLINE
Associate of Occupational Studies in Sound Healing and Therapy Program – AT THE INSTITUTE OR ONLINE
The Certificate Program is the 1st semester of a 4 semester Degree Program. You may start with the Certificate Program and then continue with the Degree, if you like. The Degree Program is designed to help you become a master sound healer.
CLICK HERE FOR THE PROGRAM AT THE INSTITUTE
CLICK HERE FOR THE PROGRAM ONLINE
Recording Arts and Technology Certificate Program – AT THE INSTITUTE OR ONLINE
This program is completely separate from the above classes. We teach how to do professional recording, mixing, and production with ProTools recording software so you can work as professional recording engineer, mixer or producer. We teach how to make your music (or others) affect people in a deep and profound way — physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually — in order to create music that is more effective and successful. The main instructor, David Gibson, has written the two #1 selling books in Audio, “The Art of Mixing,” and “The Art of Producing,” and has also written the #1 selling in the field of Sound Healing, “The Complete Guide to Sound Healing.” There is no one that has such a wide and unique perspective on the subject.
CLICK HERE to checkout feedback from our graduates
WHAT IS SOUND HEALING?
Sound Healing, through various techniques and technologies, is the educated and conscious use of the energy of sound to reach identified goals and promote wellness in the human system – including the expansion of consciousness. Sound Healing is founded on the premise that all matter is vibrating at specific frequencies. Science has proven that sound, or vibration, has a strong impact upon substance. For example, the study of Cymatics has shown how sound creates geometric patterns in matter. Dr. Emoto has proven that sound changes the molecular structure of water. However, more importantly, sound changes consciousness. Many ancient civilizations and modern indigenous cultures have used sound to heal and access higher levels of consciousness for thousands of years.
There is a wide range of techniques that utilize sound as a tool for change. The most common and basic use of sound is for meditation and relaxation. Chanting, toning and overtone singing are some of the most powerful methods for resonating sound throughout the body. The use of nature sounds and natural instruments, such as crystal bowls, Tibetan Bowls and tuning forks, have specific healing frequencies and harmonics. Drumming and rhythm are now used by corporations to release stress and build team consciousness. Shamanic drumming takes people into altered states of consciousness. Sound is now being using by clinical psychologists to help children with certain learning disabilities. Binaural beat frequencies are used to entrain people into very specific states of consciousness. Sound is used to alter brainwave states to help people with sleep disorders and facilitate creative expression. Listening to one’s own natural home note and rhythm brings people to a place of peace and stillness. Calmness has proven to dramatically help the immune system and bring all organs into a healthy alignment and it is the where creativity is the most abundant.
Sound and music are also used to help with difficult life transitions, including birth and death.
Sound Healing is now in just about every integrative therapy department in major hospital in major cities across the country.
Now, the medical community has long used sound and music during surgery to minimize the use of anesthesia, and to break up kidney and gall stones. Hospitals themselves are now researching the resonant frequency of organs in order to help vibrate them back into a healthy state. More exciting is cutting-edge research that shows how sound might can used to disintegrate diseases such as cancer.
There is now wide use of specific sounds and music for:
• Pain Management
• Sleep Disorders
• PTSD (including anxiety, grief and anger)
• Brain Injuries and Disorders
The Sound Healing Research Foundation is on the cutting edge of research in these areas.
Perhaps most exciting is the use of sound and music to transform consciousness – First, to release deep emotional issues; then, to more consistently resonate the vibrations of love and light — including gratitude, compassion, joy and Universal Love. Ultimately, to use sound to bring us into a state of oneness with everyone and everything in the Universe. Companies like Heartmath are now performing definitive research that shows how when you are in coherent harmony mentally, emotionally and spiritually that it affects the body physiologically, often directly creating profound healing results.
SOUND HEALING CAREERS
You may setup your own practice or work within an established institution such as Integrative Therapy Centers or Complementary Medicine in Hospitals, Alternative Healing Centers, Chiropractic or Acupuncture Offices, Private Healing Centers, Drug Rehab Centers, Physical Therapy Offices, Health Spas, Yoga Centers, or Retreat Centers.
Here is a list of careers:
Sound Healer, Sound Practitioner
Sound Healers and Practitioners perform general treatments that can help a wide range of physical, mental and emotional issues. The treatments can also be just to create a sense of well being in body and mind, which has been proven to be helpful for the immune system and all organs in the body (Dr. Jeffrey Thompson). The treatments often use voice, gongs, crystal bowls, Tibetan bowls, tuning forks and electronic sound transmission devices. The treatments use a wide perspective of frequencies, timbres (instrument sounds or syllables), musical intervals, music, and focused intention.
A Sound Therapist works on specific mental or emotional issues and adds in specific protocols for the particular issue. Issues include anxiety, learning disabilities, autism, trauma, sleep, grief, dementia, Parkinson’s, ADD/ADHD and PTSD. The treatments may include general Sound Healing instruments and voice, but then often get more specific as to the frequency, timbre, or musical flow required for the specific issue. The treatment might also include and intake interview and/or use of an assessment device such as Voice Analysis to help isolate the specific issue to define specific sound parameters to use.
Sound Bath Performer
Sound Bath Performers use voice and/or play instruments including crystal bowls, Tibetan bowls, gongs and drums to induce a state of relaxation in a group. The group might be as general as people that are looking for an interesting sound and musical experience, or might be very specific medically – as for a group of cancer patients. Sometimes there are multiple people performing the sound bath together. The session may be for a few people, or thousands in a large concert hall or cathedral, for example. There are hundred’s of instruments that may be used in such a session.
Using Sound for Relaxation, Focus and Creativity in the Corporate World
You will be prepared to work with corporations for relaxation, stress reduction, team building and creative inspiration. It also includes designing and setting up office and treatment room ambiances.
Creating and Using Sound Healing Music
There is a growing community of musicians dedicated to the creation of application-specific audio programs — Including relaxation, stress relief, meditation, sleep, accelerated learning, pain control, neurodevelopmental remediation, enhanced productivity, and consciousness raising. There is also a large number of musicians that are incorporating Psychoacoustic techniques into the production of commercial albums. In the Sound Healing Program you will learn many concepts that you could use to enhance a wide range of music. If you would like to actually record, mix and produce Sound Healing Music, we recommend you also take the Recording Arts and Technology Certificate Program.
Sound Healing Research
There is a large number of funding resources including Government and Private grants for research that could help large numbers of people. There is a wide range of research going on in the industry including: studies of the psychological and physiological effects of music and sound. There is work on how sound and music affect emotions, and how to use binaural beats to entrain a person’s brain into particular brainwave states of consciousness. There is a large number of companies doing research on energy medicine technologies. There is also some very interesting research focusing on how sound and resonance within a cell trigger chemical reactions and cellular processes, and how cells and organs communicate with each other using sound. Perhaps the most exciting is the research on how resonance works at the Quantum level. Students may collaborate with our own Sound Healing Research Foundation.
Many people are simply creating new technologies, software and applications. Once you learn the wide range of information contained in the classes, the future is ripe with possibilities. We are interested in supporting creative technologies that will help large numbers of people.
Student will be prepared to off basic workshops in sound healing. There is an increasing number of people who are working in soundwork education. Hospitals are now open to classes for nurses and doctors.
AUDIO RECORDING, MIXING AND PRODUCING CAREERS
Our students commonly setup their own Recording and Production facility, or become an independent Music Director Composer, Producer or Mixing Engineer. Students may also work in a professional recording studio or broadcast facility.
Labor Board Classifications
The skills that are learned in the classes may be used to do the following non-technical or professional jobs under the following classifications by the United States Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics. Job numbers may be found at https://www.bls.gov
SOUND HEALING AND THERAPY
Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners, All Other – Occupational Code 29-1199
All health diagnosing and treating practitioners represents occupations with a wide range of characteristics. Examples include: Acupressurist, Acupuncturist, Aurist, Cardiologist, Cardiovascular Disease Specialist, Clinical Fellow, Colon Therapist, Corrective and Manual Arts Therapist, Corrective Therapist, County Health Officer.
Healthcare Support Workers, All other – Occupational Code 31-9099
• Promoting good health and educating patients and caregivers about wellness.
• Assisting and caring for patients in a fast-paced and dynamic clinical environment.
Education, Training, and Library Workers, All Other – Occupational Code 25-9099
Self-Enrichment Education Teachers
Self-Enrichment Education Teachers teach or instruct courses other than those which normally lead to an occupational objective or degree. Courses may include self-improvement, nonvocational, and nonacademic subjects.
Teachers and Instructors (all other)
All teachers and instructors not listed separately.
Our students commonly go on to teach workshops in the field.
Personal Care and Service Workers, All Other – Occupational Code 39-9099
Personal care and service careers include a diverse and widely-ranging variety of professions. The common denominator for those who enter careers in this field is a strong interest in providing a service to another person, usually on a one-on-one interactive basis. Service professionals perform specific tasks that help their clients meet a goal or solve a problem.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) predicts that the aging baby boomer population will require more care and opt to stay at home to receive it. This could lead to exceptional growth in certain segments of the personal care and service industries. Specifically, the BLS expects employment in personal care and service occupations to increase 21 percent from 2012 to 2022.
Musicians and Singers – Occupational Code 27-2042
• Practice musical instrument performances, individually or in rehearsal with other musicians, to master individual pieces of music or to maintain and improve skills.
• Perform before live audiences in concerts, recitals, educational presentations, and other social gatherings.
• Specialize in playing a specific family of instruments or a particular type of music.
• Play musical instruments as soloists, or as members or guest artists of musical groups such as orchestras, ensembles, or bands.
We offer extensive Voice and Music Theory studies and many students go on to perform “sound baths” in which they perform with voice and many other sound healing instruments.
RECORDING ARTS AND TECHNOLOGY
Music Directors and Composers – Occupational Code 27-2041
Conduct, direct, plan, and lead instrumental or vocal performances by musical groups, such as orchestras, bands, choirs, and glee clubs. Includes arrangers, composers, choral directors, and orchestrators.
We teach extensive Music Theory and Composition in the recording program. Students compose many projects as part of their required lab.
Sound Engineering Technicians – Occupational Code 27-4014
Operate machines and equipment to record, synchronize, mix, or reproduce music, voices, or sound effects in sporting arenas, theater productions, recording studios, or movie and video productions.
Audio and Video Equipment Technicians – Occupational Code 27-4011
Set up, or set up and operate audio and video equipment including microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, sound and mixing boards, and related electronic equipment for concerts, sports events, meetings and conventions, presentations, and news conferences. May also set up and operate associated spotlights and other custom lighting systems. Excludes “Sound Engineering Technicians” (27-4014).
Media Communication and Equipment Workers – Occupational Code 27-4099
All media and communication equipment workers not listed separately.
• Motion Picture and Video Industries
• Radio and Television Broadcasting
There are four main areas of our system where sound and music have been proven to be effective: physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Of course, often these overlap – for example, emotional healing might cause physical symptoms to go away.
- Physically – Based on physics, sound affects matter. At the most basic level sound transmits energy into whatever it comes into contact with. The law of resonance, where a strong vibration will cause a weaker vibration to vibrate at the same frequency, is the core concept of all sound healing. This accounts for how sound can relax a muscle, how it can help to heal an organ or nerve, and how it might even transform a disease such as cancer. In the classes we will not only explain how physical healing occurs, but also explain many techniques on how to do so safely and effectively.
- Emotionally – Many in the wide field of healing believe that stuck emotions account for, and are at the root of most of the issues and diseases we manifest, with some saying stuck emotions cause as much as 50% of all diseases (environmental causes being another large part). We already know how powerful music can be to transform our emotions. We have now discovered how to use sound to release stuck emotions. In the classes we will share nine simple techniques on how to release stuck emotions – many that you can do in the car, when in the thick of an emotion, or in a professional sound therapy setting.
- Mentally – There has been extensive research clearly proving that when we listen to frequencies within the range of a brainwave (beta, alpha, theta and delta) our brain will be entrained into that frequency within a few minutes. “Binaural beats” are frequencies that we can create within the frequency range of the brain. Therefore, we can easily use binaural beats to entrain our brain into states that help with things like ADD, ADHD, post traumatic stress, learning disabilities, sleep disorders, including enhancing mental clarity, memory, and creativity. When we listen on headphones these frequencies also synchronize the left and right brain, which is our optimal state. Now there is research showing how to use these binaural beat frequencies to lead us into states of deep meditation, and higher emotions of love and joy. You will learn how to create these binaural beats and how to use a wide range of resources currently on the market.
- Spiritually – Spiritual healing can mean a lot of things. In the classes we start by using sound to clear emotional and physical blockages. We then focus on raising your consciousness and vibration by using sound to resonate you into higher emotions such as gratitude, compassion, love and joy. Some say that higher consciousness is simply being in the frequency of these higher emotions. Sound can also be used as an avenue to connect us to the higher energies of Universal Love, or Spirit and Source. Even if you already know how to open your own connection to Spirit, the right sounds and music can enhance that connection and make it even stronger. On a much deeper and far more esoteric level, sound can be used to connect us more directly to our Soul. Many believe that when we listen to the sound of our Soul (instead of our ego and personality) and develop a direct connection to it, we receive guidance on how to live our lives more fully.
Additional Skills Learned in the sound healing and therapy programs
Skills you can incorporate into your work
We also hope to inspire and safely guide students who might be interested in coming up with their own creative treatment modalities.
1. Assessment Techniques based on sound – You will learn how to do an assessment on yourself or a client using your voice, intuition, or voice analysis technologies. These techniques can be used as part of a Sound Healing treatment.
2. Voice Healing -You will learn a detailed technique using the voice for assessing what is going on in a person at multiple levels, then connecting to source, and using the voice to affect resonant changes in the person. Many students take this skill and open a business around it. You can also use Voice Healing as one part of a whole treatment.
3. Treatments with Crystal Bowls, Tibetan Bowls, and other Natural Instruments – You will learn various techniques for performing a live treatment on someone with natural instruments. You will also learn how these instruments affect a person physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. This will also give you an understanding of the effects of these sounds when playing back a CD.
4. Tuning Fork treatments – You will learn various techniques for using tuning forks on the body and acupuncture points, including a variety of tuning fork types and frequency combinations for different issues. This is another technique that a student can build an entire business around.
5. Performance and Channeling Techniques for Singers – You will learn a wide range of subtle techniques for making sounds with your voice to help yourself and others. You will also learn and become aware of where your tongue and lips are when creating precise sounds. You will learn to free your voice and how to find your soul song and use it for healing.
6. Leading Chant and Kirtan – You will learn a wide range of chants, mantras, and overtone singing techniques.
7. Discerning a Person’s Home Note –You will learn how to find the “signature” frequency, for yourself and others. It has been shown in research that when you resonate this frequency you are more grounded and centered. It also works well to be able to then play a CD on the Sound Table in the key of the person’s note..
8. Clearing Stuck Emotions and Pain with Sound –You will learn 9 techniques for using the voice to release stuck emotions. This is one of the most powerful and important techniques because stuck emotions account for approximately 50% of all disease. You will also learn how to use sound to release pain. This a very powerful technique around which you could build a business. It is also often used by Psychotherapists as a supporting modality.
9. Chakra Treatments with Sound – You will learn the frequencies of the chakras, and how to do a clearing on yourself and others. A number of students have created a business around this treatment.
10. Voice Analysis – You will learn the basics of using the VoiceBio system. We will show you how to find missing frequencies in a person’s voice and the organs and diseases these frequencies are associated with. There are about a dozen voice analysis systems that you will learn about — all of which could be the foundation of a Sound Healing business.
11. Brainwave Entrainment with Binaural Beats – (Using other’s CD’s or creating your own) – You will learn how to create and use Binaural Beats to entrain the brain into different brainwave states – gamma, alpha, theta, and delta. These states help with ADD, ADHD, memory, mental acuity, creativity, sleep and higher states of consciousness. You will also learn how to use you’re your voice to create a binaural beat oscillation to breakup any stuck energy or issues in a person. You can sell CD’s for specific issues, or with a complete EEG unit you could do some serious targeted work with patients.
12. Accessing Higher Vibrations – You will learn how to find the frequency of higher vibrations such as love, joy, gratitude, and spirit. You will learn how access Universal Love with sound and how to bring this energy into your work and life more consistently. This a powerful technique that can dramatically amplify the results of whatever work you choose to do.
Other Techniques, Information and Skills
Power of intention – You will also learn how to consistently hold your intention in a healing session, and how effective a consistent intention is.
Bringing someone to a relaxed state (activating the parasympathetic) – You will learn a wide range of techniques including sound, color and geometry for bringing someone into a relaxed state of being.
Setting a Sacred Space and Atmosphere – You will learn how to set a sacred space with sound, color, light, and geometry. You will also learn specific techniques using your intention to energetically set the space.
Archetypal Frequencies – You will learn a full variety of specific frequencies that have either been proven to create certain effects, or those that have been used for thousands of years in ancient traditions.
Find frequency of Organs and the Spine – You will get a list of the frequencies of various organs (and the spine) so you can use those frequencies on the organs in order to facilitate healthy functioning. You will also learn how to intuit the frequency and harmonic structure of a particular organ or disease.
Healing Music – Throughout all of the classes you will learn the wide range of differences between healing sounds and music. This will give you a clearer idea of how any music you come across is affecting you physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
Natural Tuning Systems – You will learn how important it is to use natural tuning systems based on the harmonics in nature in the music you use or create. Tuning systems such as Just Intonation and the Pythagorean Tuning systems.
Musical Intervals and States of Consciousness – How different musical intervals (the relationship between two notes) can affect your consciousness. This helps you to understand the best music to use for someone or yourself.
Sacred Geometry and Color – Different Sacred Geometry images may be placed around the body, or visualized inside the body to create specific changes. The classes teach which images are used for what purposes. Different colors may be placed around the body, visualized inside the body to create, or used with corresponding sounds to affect specific changes in people. You will learn which colors are best and how to intuit which is the best for yourself and others.
ADVANTAGES OF GLOBE INSTITUTE OF RECORDING AND PRODUCTION
1. We teach how to do sound healing instead of just learning about it. We actually practice it.
2. At the Institute we have an entire store full of sound healing instruments that the students get to play with. You can get to know the tools that resonate best with you.
3. At the Institute, the classroom is not your normal classroom. It is a beautiful sacred space with high end scalar wave devices to help hold a stable and high vibration. It is very conducive to doing sound healing sessions — Students are able to go really deep.
4. Our program is very cohesive — not just a bunch of different seminars.
5. Students that have gone to other Programs say ours is the best.
6. At the Institute we have some really cool and fun technologies. Students can come in and go on the Sound Lounge or Tables and be vibrated into bliss whenever they like.
7. We are the leaders in research in the field. We have a non-profit Sound Healing Research Foundation that is researching all the frequencies within the human system. We are also working with centers for Autism and PTSD that are using our array of sound treatments. We have also developed treatment protocols for depression, anxiety, anger, grief and ADD/ADHD and will be doing more research in each area. At the Institute some students may intern in these centers or in the Research Foundation. We have also developed relationships with hospitals and therapy centers where students may also intern if they like.
9. We are working to bring Sound Healing into elementary and high schools. We have been awarded a grant to create a curriculum for bringing Sound Healing into Montessori schools, and ultimately all public schools.
10. The Director and Lead Instructor, David Gibson wrote the #1 selling book in the field, “The Complete Guide to Sound Healing.”
11. You will find and get to know your Home Note (and learn how to find it in others), your voice note, the frequency of love for you, the frequency of each of your chakras, and what notes are missing in your voice. You will also receive many sound healing treatments from your classmates.
12. We have developed an active community of sound healing events… a good place to network and connect.
Each student receives a 300 page Reader of collected materials from all of the Instructors. This Reader is an amazing document of collected materials that you won’t find anywhere else in the world. To give you an idea — CLICK HERE to see the Reader Table of Contents. It also gives you more detail about the type of information covered in the various classes.
CLICK HERE for Testimonials from our Graduates
The Institute promotes inquiry, awareness of sound and music and builds community. The College maintains openness and enthusiasm for learning, including refinement of analytical and critical thinking. The Institute strives to create a learning environment ripe with challenge, openness, exploration and new ideas that helps lead students to employment in the fields of Sound Healing and Audio Recording. We support the sound communities by sponsoring events that bring together students, practitioners, educators and researchers in the field to share findings, resources and further the field as a whole. Through the dissemination of information, the school seeks to create increased awareness and acceptance of the powerful effects of sound and music – in all manifestations – and the impact they have upon individuals, alternative healing centers and the entire medical industry.